Rss

The Music of Michael Jackson (Aug. 13 - 19, 2006)

Category :


I have always been a Michael Jackson fan even when he was still with the Jackson 5. I guess I can say that I grew up with his music. In fact he was the only artist who went to the Philippines for a concert that I summoned the courage to ask my father for money to watch the Jackson 5 in their very first Asian concert tour. During those days, it would be considered outrageous (in my family anyway) to go and watch a concert especially by myself. My brother who was a year younger than me didn't want to come and my sister was too young to offer protection so I ended up going with a neighbor. The heavens must have took pity on me because wonder of wonders, my father allowed me to go see the concert and gave me the money to buy the 2 tickets that I need. I guess it was really meant to be. It was my very first live concert and I didn't know what to expect. But now I know that nothing beats a live performance.

That show was truly electrifying and I couldn't help but be on my feet most of the time. It was one of my most memorable experiences and I am glad that I had the chance to see it when I could. Of course, MJ, by himself became more famous and his music really soulful and groovin' after that but the opportunity to see him perform live again didn't come up. I just had to content myself to watch his videos and other performances on TV which are still electrifyingly exciting and the dance steps really catchy everytime he has a show.

Unfortunately, he has self-destruct and only heaven knows whether he would be accepted again even if he makes another round of hit songs. However, for now, enjoy his contribution to the music industry.

This week's playlist will only be dance tunes and next week will be part 2 of Michael's hits, mostly mellow songs: I hope you like the songs that I have included here:

  • P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
  • Billie Jean
  • Beat It
  • Off The Wall
  • History
  • Smooth Criminal
  • Rock With You
  • Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough
  • Thriller

0 comments:

Followers

Earth Shots Photo of the Day
Photobucket     K-Dreams. . .



*******************************

Big hugs and lots of kisses to my daughter, Karrol, for re-designing my blogsite. She is responsible for making my blog look cool... If you want to check out her own blog, visit K-Dream Palace and her contributing articles at AATheory.